Water sources are auspicious in feng shui and this is why.
Water has the ability to collect or store qi energy and this ability of water makes a fountain auspicious.
Reading: Water fountains and feng shui
here, I assume you are familiar with feng shui and its principles. if, by any chance, you’re not, head over to the @ feng shui (what is it?) article to understand the basics of feng shui.
Now, you have surely seen water sources in various beautiful places. they are in parks, near many hotel entrances, celebrity homes and too many more to mention.
Furthermore, water fountains -generally- make people relax, smile and many times forget their problems.
Not only this, as expected, you will see smiling faces near a beautiful fountain. I see them! forever! have? I bet you answered yes!
sit down and think for a moment why & how a water source can have a profound effect on the people around it. it is because the “qi” energy accumulates and accumulates with water. “peacefully” moving water from a source distributes “qi” around it. so you, and everyone else, around the fountain feel amazing.
But, as with everything else, the proper location or location of the water source is critical. A properly placed water source is a powerful positive energy generating (and attracting) tool. an incorrectly placed one has an opposite impact.
therefore, you must place the water feature according to feng shui rules to reap its benefits. the next section of the article is dedicated to just that, so read on!
location of the water source: which is the best?
As stated above, a properly placed water feature attracts and enhances positive energy. this positive energy then enters your home impacting you and your family. his family in – obviously – positive ways.
As a result, everything around you and your family starts to look good. you begin to attract better opportunities at work, excelling in your career. wealth & abundance begins to pour in miraculous ways that you may never have imagined.
Okay, now it’s not hard to understand the impacts of an incorrectly placed water source. Certainly, it will take away everything positive from your life. wealth, health, prosperity, love and much more, just disappears. And that’s what, of course, we don’t want to happen.
so you need to make sure you follow the feng shui rules for the location of the water feature.
Below I have listed the location rules for feng shui water sources in the rules of making & does not format. Read them and apply them to your home fountain.
feng shui water fountain – what to follow (10 tips)
- place the fountain in front of the entrance of the house.
- if it is not possible to keep the fountain outside, then you can keep it inside.
- make sure that the water flows into the house.
- to excel in your career, place the fountain in the north.
- place in the east is better for health.
- southeast (se) placement helps to attract wealth and money.
- the source must always flow & do not stand still (except during times of maintenance)
- use distilled or filtered water to prevent damage to the pump.
- locate the fountain so that you cannot hear it in your bedroom.
- the water must flow freely without obstacles.
feng shui water fountain: what to avoid (11 tips)
- never keep 2 water fountains at the entrance. will bring negative results.
- water flowing outside the house symbolizes money & wealth comes from the house.
- do not place a water source south of your house. south is fire.
- water fountain in bedroom is prohibited.
- avoid fountains under bedroom. sleeping on water is not good.
- there are no fountains in the kitchen.
- there are no fountains in the bathrooms either.
- there are no fountains under the stairs.
- avoid broken fountains
- no clutter
- the fountain should not block the entrance.
That’s all you need to be careful about when placing a feng shui water feature in your home or office.
but there is one more thing you should keep in mind. not by placing the fountain, but by purchasing one. and that is the material used to make water fountain. I’ve discussed this in detail in the next section of the article, so read on!
Which water fountain material is the best?
You may know that feng shui is based on 5 elements; namely, water, fire, metal, earth and wood. In addition, these elements are related to each other through enhancing, reducing and destructive cycles. more information on the cycle of elements and the relationship @ feng shui elements & relationship between them.
but for now, here is an image that will suffice. check it out (we’ll need it later)
Below is a list of commonly used materials for water fountains:
- rock or stone
Now, since there is a lot of water in a fountain, you need to choose the material that holds or even enhances the water.
Here are some tips for choosing a good water source:
- metal water fountains are better. the metal enhances the water (from the image above)
- add some coins to the ground water source. metal enhances water.
- adding coins to wooden fountains is also good. wood reduces water and metal coins will improve water energy.
Having understood the best materials for water fountains, let’s move on to the next section of the article. the next section discusses which font type or style to choose.
what type or style of water feature is best?
The market is awash with myriad varieties of water sources. They vary in styles, shapes, sizes, etc. some are really simple, some are sophisticated, and some are even fun. but the big question here is which is the best?
well, there is no particular answer to this question. you are free to buy whatever you think will look good in your home. it really all depends on you, your taste and your home designer (if you have one).
There is no such thing as a correctly styled font or a wrongly styled font. just make sure it really resonates well with you and your home.
However, here are a few things you should, and should, consider when purchasing a water feature:
- never buy a font that represents negative feelings. e.g. water that flows like tears or in the shape of a skeleton.
- never buy fountains that have sharp edges (type of poison arrows).
- font size should not be too large to block the entrance to the house.
- water should flow smoothly and without rushing.
- must be easy to clean & keep.
- should be a good quality one!
where can you buy good water sources?
here are some great places online where you can order fonts:
amazon germany (de)
amazon spain (en)
amazon france (fr)
amazon italy (en)
With all this we have reached the end of this article on water sources in feng shui.
Since you’ve read this far, I think you liked the above information a lot.
if you did, share it!
- feng shui for wealth
- feng shui for the entire home (room by room)