Those who live in the golden age of pop culture and acid-washed jeans will feel nostalgic when they hear Hotmail. Hotmail, Launched in 1996 with Yahoo!, was one of the first webmail services. It’s still one of the most widely used email services to this day after a fresh makeover with additional features.
Reading: W ww.hotmail.com
The Hotmail webmail service now runs under the name Outlook after it was acquired by Microsoft in 1997. Some may even be familiar with MSN Hotmail, which is part of many of Microsoft’s Internet services and applications.
Let’s learn more about the Webmail service and other information related to Outlook (formerly Hotmail).
Create your Hotmail ID in Outlook
This popular email service still has old Hotmail users whose email addresses are @hotmail.com or @live.com. Following the Microsoft acquisition and rebrand, users will now receive an @outlook.com email address. However, nostalgic fans can choose to create a new email address using the old @hotmail.com.
Outlook now acts as a personal web services manager application that includes email services, personal calendars, contact lists, task managers, and even online access to various Microsoft Office tools.
The steps to create an online personal account in Outlook are fairly simple compared to the number of features it offers. This guide walks you through the steps required to create and access your own personal Outlook Online account.
- To create and access your Hotmail online account, you need a laptop, desktop or smartphone.
- Stable internet connection
- You need a Hotmail email address to log into your account. If you don’t already have one, follow the instructions below to create your own Hotmail account.
Steps to create a Hotmail account
The Outlook web portal is built to be accessible from multiple URLs. This is very convenient because users with different email address domains don’t have to confuse which website to visit in order to log into your email address.
The following steps will guide you to create a Hotmail account:
- To create your personal Hotmail account, visit the Outlook home page
- Click the blue “Create Free Account” button on the main screen of the website.
- Enter the username field of your email address (must be unique and available). So go ahead and change it in case it’s not available.
- On the right, you’ll see a drop-down menu with the domain portion of your email address. Here you can choose one of the given options. But for those who want to create a Hotmail account, click the drop down menu and select “hotmail.com”.
- Click Next. ‘
- On the Create Password page, enter the password you will use to log in to your account, then click Next. (Password must be at least eight characters long and contain at least two of the following elements: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols)
- Enter your first and last name, then submit.
- Select a country and your date of birth. Click Next. ‘
- You have to solve a little puzzle to prove that you are not a robot. If you prove your innocence, the registration process will be completed and you will be redirected to your new Hotmail account.
Log in to your Hotmail account
Once you create an online account in the Outlook portal, you can easily access your Hotmail account anytime, anywhere on any device.
- To log in to your Hotmail account, visit the login page
- Enter your Hotmail address and click “Next”
- Enter your password.
- Click Login to access your Hotmail account.
What if I forget my password?
Sometimes it’s easy to forget your password, especially if you haven’t accessed your account for a long time. In this case, you can reset your password at any time by following the instructions below:
- Visit the login page to begin account recovery
- Enter your Hotmail address and click Next.
- Click “Forgot Password”
- On the Recovery Account page, enter your Hotmail address and alternate email address.
- Complete the verification code and click Next to reset your password.
Applications to access your Hotmail account
If you are a regular user of a Hotmail account and want constant access to the features and resources it contains, you can always download the “Microsoft Office” application to your PC and mobile device.
- For Windows PC users: Download the Microsoft Outlook app from the Microsoft Store.
- For Android users: Download the “Microsoft Outlook” app from the Google Play Store.
- For iOS users: Download the “Microsoft Outlook” app from the Apple Store.
Benefits of a Hotmail Account
- Users can integrate Outlook email and calendar for free.
- Details of members of your contact list.
- Built-in task manager.
- Users have free online access to Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Onedrive, and more.
- App compatibility gives you easy access to all your emails and schedules.
- Users also get 15GB of free storage on Microsoft’s Onedrive cloud storage.
- Real-time online backup of data stored through your Hotmail account.
- Xbox players can now use this account to sign in to their console, which will store all of their game data.
For those of you who have long been fans of others domain, you can still create your email address under your preferred domain. So all you have to do is set up your own Hotmail account and use all the free resources that come with it.