Would you like to travel or is the suitcase already packed? Can’t get the electrician to call you back or do you need another babysitter? Does your spiritual life need a new inspiration? there is a corner of your home that contains a diverse collection of energy that supports not only your experience of giving and receiving in everyday life, but also with the heavens themselves. Let’s take a look at this multifaceted gem that is the helpful people and travel area of the feng shui bagua map.
In feng shui, the bagua defines several specific areas of life that are compatible with the energy (or lack thereof!) within your home. Place the bagua grid, similar to a tic-tac-toe board, over your house plan to define the nine specific areas (called guas). as you stand at the front door looking in, the travel and helpful people section is to the front right. corner of your house.
Reading: Helpful people feng shui
create the feng shui bagua map of your home
During my almost two decades as a Feng Shui consultant, I have found this incredible tool invaluable in uncovering and adjusting major energy imbalances in my Client’s homes and businesses. I’ve created my own free Bagua Map for you to download so that you can begin to tap into its wisdom as well.
You can learn more about how to place and analyze the bagua with my feng shui bagua map series. provides detailed steps on how to more fully utilize its many treasures. Once you’ve identified your own helpful people and travel area, you can apply the various feng shui tips below to balance and harmonize the energy in that section of your home, office, workplace, or other space.
helpful people and travel guides are associated with helpful people and the qualities of power, synchronicity, inspiration and confidence. Helpful people can be family members, friends, colleagues, businessmen, officials, spiritual beings, or even someone you have never met before. it is also the gua that is used to attract opportunities and help others. In addition, all aspects associated with travel are addressed here.
Since studying feng shui, this is the area of my home that has always given me the clearest and most challenging feedback. in return, my feng shui adjustments have produced consistent and, at some points, surprising results. you too can use this powerful corner of your home to create all kinds of movement and progress in your life.
define your feng shui intention for helpful people and travel
When experiencing a problem or imbalance, feng shui can look at your home or workplace for environmental factors that could be adjusted to bring in new energy to help you reach your goal.
Take a closer look at helpful people and travel gua when:
- traders, doctors, lawyers or other support people needed for any situation in your life
- you are selling or buying a house and need the assistance of a real estate agent and other support people such as inspectors, bankers, title company staff, a feng shui real estate planner or others
- being too intellectual is a challenge and you would like to improve your intuition
- you would like to balance how you help others
- giving back, being more philanthropic or grateful in general is one approach
- being more organized or productive are goals
- more is desired synchronicity in your life
- search for new travel opportunities
- plan a trip and need extra energy for a safe trip
- would you like to be safer than yourself
- there is a health problem in the head, neck, brain or skull, such as migraines or concussions
- the pr elimination health problems are a concern
- there is my excess of worry or mental stress
- too much rigidity, perfectionism or need to control are problems
- there are problems of authority with an elder, boss, colleague or other
- the father or older man in the household requires additional support
place a feng shui enhancement for helpful people and travel
To work with the energy of your home and make it more fully supportive, it is important to be clear on your intentions. With the help of the list above, can you identify a specific situation in your life that the Helpful People and Travel gua can help to shift? Whether a new goal or a long-standing concern you’d like to improve, there is a Feng Shui enhancement that can be applied.
Feng shui enhancements are specific elements or architectural features that are present in any particular gua. once identified, placed, and matched with your individual intention, they help balance the energy of your space, bringing vital, fresh ch’i energy in the form of new opportunities, inspiration, and more.
Appropriate upgrades for Helpful People and the Travel Guide include:
- Symbols of Helpful People you want to attract such as business cards, figurines, brochures or other people
- Images or references of a specific mentor or helpful person in your life
- Photos of you being a helpful person
- Books about other helpful people, biographies, etc.
- Photos, statues or other renditions of religious figures or gods, spiritual guides, angels or any kind of deities
- Spiritual or religious devotional tools such as rosaries, prayer beads, singing bowls, bells, smudge sticks or incense
- Religious or spiritual books including the Bible, Torah, Qur’an and Bhagavad Gita
- An altar that honors your spiritual beliefs
Any item or image that makes you feel spiritually connected
results for helpful people and travel guide
There have been many occasions where I have turned to feng shui on this specific gua for help. it often begins when there is a challenge in finding an available plumber, electrician, or other support person to help with the repair.
Usually my approach is to turn on a light and keep it lit in one spot within this gua. If your area of travel and helpful people is in a bedroom or other private space that can’t accommodate a light on for days, select a different upgrade.
A timely resolution of the dilemma has always come smoothly with this approach. in two cases, I decided it worked so well that I kept the light on even longer to keep the power flowing in case more helpful people were sought.
It didn’t occur to me until well after the initial buff was made that the light was actually over-activating the travel part of the gua. Invitations to family visits, new places with friends, and exceptional training opportunities began pouring in monthly, so I happily accepted. after about six months, the constant back and forth started to tire me out quite a bit. It wasn’t until I regretted that I wished I could stay home for a while that it occurred to me to turn off the light!
Turning on a light 24/7 is a powerful feng shui enhancement for any area of your bagua, and I encourage you to give it a try with whatever intention you have. however, once the initial goal is achieved, be sure to say thank you and then turn off the light until you wish to energize a different goal.
activate your useful people and travel guide
what improvement will you place in the travel and helpful people area of your home? There are many things you can do to improve the feng shui of your home, and putting in improvements is one of them.
Need extra help or would like to take a trip? Would you like to deepen your spiritual practice or be more useful to others? Decide your exact intention and choose a suitable upgrade from the list above to make the energy move.
If your intent and improvement is something you’d like help with, please contact me to schedule a phone consultation. Placing the feng shui bagua map over your home can be part of our process if you haven’t already done so. after scheduling our appointment, simply email your floor plan and we’ll proceed from there.
Since my Feng Shui practice is also about being a Helpful Person, I would love to share some final inspiration. This scroll was purchased on a trip I took to Dharamsala, India, home of the Dahlia Lama. It’s message and meaning are very special to me. A personal item like this is a great enhancement for the Helpful People and Travel gua.
we all deserve to live the life we love. Having a feng shui home that we love, that generates abundant beneficial ch’i energy for us and our families, is an integral part of this life. start practicing feng shui today.