reading time: 8 minutes of reading
feng shui tips for bedroom art
When most people think of upgrading their bedroom environment, they often focus on things like high thread count bedding, specialty pillows, and space-age mattress technology. In addition to those important elements, feng shui (pronounced “fung shway”) can help increase the quality of sleep time in your bedroom.
Reading: Feng shui pictures for bedroom
- how feng shui principles can be applied to your bedroom
- what color should the art in the bedroom be?
- where to place the art in the bedroom wall
- choose wall art you like
- feng shui tips for your bedroom
- create your own wall art
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese practice that uses energetic forces to harmonize people with their surroundings. the practice of feng shui analyzes architecture in terms of “invisible forces” that bind the universe, earth, and humanity together, known as qi (pronounced “chee”).
feng shui organizes and arranges the elements around you to improve the flow of energy. It is praised for bringing good qi, such as better health and good fortune, while keeping out bad qi, such as bad luck or sadness.
here we delve into how the practice can improve your home and bedroom in particular.
how feng shui principles can be applied to your bedroom
Of all the places one could apply feng shui to any part of your home, the bedroom should be the first. Incorporating feng shui bedroom tips will lead to improved sleep and relaxation. Those kinds of results tend to benefit all other parts of our lives. When you wake well rested, more often than not, a successful day is more achievable. In fact, proper feng shui can lead to better health, harmonious family relationships, financial well-being, and much more.
However, there is more to feng shui than just moving a few pieces of furniture. each element of decoration and interior design must have its own meaning and the correct location. The art you select for your bedroom can have a major influence on bedroom feng shui results. By incorporating certain elements into your bedroom, feng shui can unlock harmony and comfort.
what color should the art in the bedroom be?
It’s best for the bedroom artwork to be in harmony with the overall color scheme of the room. Here are a few feng shui bedroom art tips to consider:
- choose pastel, muted colors. they do not normally provoke emotional outbursts.
- good natural colors: blues, ochres, greens, all shades of brown. the tones are very easy to perceive and allow you to relax quickly.
- avoid bright saturated colors, although exceptions are possible. they can be exciting and can interfere with relaxation.
- white symbolizes peace and purification, therefore it is very appropriate.
These are suggestions, not hard and fast rules. The beauty of hanging art on a wall is that you get to try one piece out for a while. if you find that its effect on you is not creating a relaxed and rested state, turn it down and try something else.
where to place your wall art
Before you hammer a single nail in your bedroom wall, it’s important to consider the best place for your art. If you’re one who likes to read in bed or have coffee in bed, be sure the art you hang will clear your head when sitting upright. It may look better hanging lower but it also needs to be functional.
here are some more feng shui bedroom wall art tips:
- relate the dimensions of the image and the object on which it will be hung. if the image will be placed on a bed or dresser, its width should be at least half the length of the piece of furniture.
- The height at which your artwork hangs can also affect the feng shui of your home. One of the most common mistakes when hanging artwork is hanging the art too low. hanging art too low will lower your qi.
- relate the area of the room and the size of the canvas. large rooms require massive decoration, small ones – elegant solutions.
- Mixing sizes and shapes of artwork makes things move and brings more dynamic feng shui energy. Curating an art collection that combines art styles, mediums, frame colors, and piece sizes gives the space a creative and unexpected feel.
- relate the direction of the canvas to the height of the ceiling. vertical parts visually stretch the walls, horizontal ones, respectively, reduce.
choose the wall art you like best
Be selective when choosing art. Choose pieces that resonate with you and that you love to look at. How does it make you feel? You will be seeing it everyday, and how a piece of art makes you feel can either support you or bring you down.
The content of a painting or piece of art can also affect the type of energy you attract. for example: the realistic painting “the gleaners” of millet shows 3 peasant women collecting the hay left over from the harvest. in your bedroom or home could be a daily reminder of poverty or promote a lack mentality. For this reason, you may want to select something more uplifting and enjoy the works of millet and other masters in museums and galleries.
Take your time when choosing art. choose your art slowly and mindfully, allowing yourself to sit down and experience one piece before moving on to another.
8 feng shui tips for your bedroom
1) Avoid sharp edges: A jagged, pointed edge doesn’t feel appealing, so why would you incorporate it into your bedroom? Obvious items like dressers and nightstands you might not be able to help but soften your space by adding more natural decor like plants, lamps, and sculptures.
2) Cut down on large windows: A great view from your bedroom may seem desirable, but too large can make you feel uncomfortable and “spied on.” To easily shrink a window, add darker curtains to both sides of the window to create a cozier feel.
3) Minimize electronics: Even when turned off, televisions and other devices emit electromagnetic energy while you sleep. keep smaller items, like an alarm clock or your smartphone, at least three feet away from where you rest your head.
4) get a headboard – similar to the previous tip, we like to feel comfortable and protected in our bedroom. adding a headboard to your bed creates a more secure feel against a bare wall.
5) change the position of your bed; Ideally, your bed should be placed against the wall opposite your bedroom door. if that’s not feasible, place it as far away from the door as possible. avoid having your headboard on the same wall as the door. this creates a sense of security and allows you to relax every night.
6) Reduce the size of a large room: A bedroom that is too large can create a feeling of insecurity. we like our rooms to feel intimate and private. so consider adding other small pieces of furniture like a dresser or sitting area.
7) Exercise: If you have a larger bedroom, resist the urge to turn some of the space into a small home office. work-related items like laptops and phones create a distracting environment.
8) Organize your bookshelf: You wouldn’t think a simple bookcase could affect your mood, but proper organization can make or break a room’s feng shui. Organize your books by color and weight, placing the heaviest books at the bottom of the bookcase. Also, don’t push the books all the way in, line them up right on the edge of the shelf to create an even line.
create your own wall art
If you’re having trouble finding the perfect piece to hang in your bedroom, you may need to look no further than your phone. It’s surprisingly easy to turn a favorite photo into gallery quality artwork. Applications like Motif Photos, specialize in printing your photos onto stretched canvas. All it takes is a simple download to your Mac, iPhone, or iPad. It works natively with your Apple Photos app so the process is seamless and easy.
If you can’t find a picture to hang on your bedroom wall, get creative and go out and take it. motif allows you to control your feng shui bedroom wall art practices at the tips of your fingers. you are an artist. the camera is figuratively your brush.
Bring your best photos to life with a motif.
experience how easy it is to create personalized photo projects with motif. Our photo project app works seamlessly with Apple Photos on MacOS and iOS. we do all the complicated stuff and leave you the fun creative freedom.