Feng shui bedside table rules for the bedroom? nightstands are an often neglected piece of furniture, but they are essential to the flow of energy in your bedroom. therefore, you must follow these feng shui rules for the nightstand!
A good night’s sleep represents good health and a positive mindset. and the only place where you can sleep well is your bedroom.
Reading: Feng shui nightstands
your bedroom is your place of relaxation; Since most of us spend most of the day in the bedroom, we need to make sure it is a healthy and positive environment to spend so much time.
That’s why it’s best to follow the feng shui rules for the bedroom to ensure we spend the night in the optimal environment.
When it comes to the bedroom, our bed is the focal point of our room. it’s where we sleep, relax and get comfortable with our partner, so when people follow the feng shui rules for the bedroom, they tend to focus more on their bed and neglect the nightstands.
But did you know that there are also important feng shui rules for nightstands in your bedroom that you need to follow to ensure that the energies in your room are balanced?
feng shui bedside table rules for the bedroom
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese philosophy that works according to the principle of energy.
According to the feng shui perspective, every object, animate or inanimate, has some energy to bring to and attract its surroundings.
This is why feng shui focuses on the location, direction, and placement of objects in your environment to ensure they attract the right kind of energy.
The bedside tables in our house are also inanimate objects placed in our room, near our bed.
when we sleep in our bed at night, bedside tables become a fundamental part of the environment and are likely to affect us. however, they are an often neglected piece of furniture, which can often disrupt the feng shui of your bedroom.
Although most interior designers consider them to be part of the bed, they can individually influence the look and energy of your room.
We know that nightstands play a crucial role in the feng shui of your bedroom, so; We’ve compiled some of the top feng shui rules for nightstands that you need to follow.
useful feng shui nightstand rules for the bedroom
1. make sure you have a couple of nightstands
feng shui has to do with maintaining a balance of energies, and one way to ensure that in your bedroom is by keeping a couple of nightstands on each side of the bed, it is considered double happiness.
many people prefer to keep the furniture in their room to a minimum and reduce the amount of furniture; They only have one nightstand in their room.
This creates an imbalance of chi which, in turn, can affect your life, especially your love life.
See also: Top 10 Feng Shui Apps (Free & Paid)
The simple logic behind this is that you know that your bedroom, especially your bed, is a place for you and your partner (a pair of two people) to share.
so if the energy on both sides of the bed is not balanced by a couple of nightstands, it will cause an imbalance in your love life. This trick is especially recommended to manifest romantic luck in your life.
2. choose the right table for the bedside table
- You have to buy a couple of nightstands, but you also have to buy the right nightstand for your room.
- We know that everyone prioritizes the interior design of their room when choosing the right furniture.
- However, it is important to prioritize feng shui nightstand rules when choosing furniture, especially nightstands for your bedroom.
3. bedside table shape rules
- According to feng shui nightstand rules, the proper nightstand should not be square or rectangular in shape.
- Sharp corners, also called poison arrows, are not recommended in feng shui; choose nightstands with rounded corners because sharp corners can be rough.
- Also, the sharp end of the table pointing at your face while sleeping in bed will create a poison which is a great sign of bad luck and negative energy.
4. bedside table height rules
- the height of the bedside table is another aspect that you should take into account when buying a bedside table for your bedroom.
- The ideal height for a bedside table should be lower than the mattress of your bed. it should not exceed the height of your head on the bed next to you.
- This is because the low height of the table will hide its corners, giving them less exposure.
- This is not only a safety hazard, but also a precautionary step to avoid negative energy around you.
5. clean up the mess
you must have read this everywhere; clutter is your greatest enemy according to feng shui principles.
our bedside table is a very useful piece of furniture; we tend to spend a lot of time on it, especially before bed.
- everything we use throughout the day and before bed lands on the bedside table, from our mobile phones to the alarm clock, the reading book, the reading glasses, the cup and the coaster.
- but don’t let your laziness get the best of you. no matter how tired you are, never leave clutter on your nightstand overnight.
- put everything in its place and keep the nightstand clean and minimally decorated.-don’t treat your nightstand as a mini table from the store. keep large, heavy objects away from your nightstand.
- clutter means negative energy: a cluttered room or the tops of furniture explain a cluttered mind.
- Tidying up is the best way to relax, and you should do it every night before bed. make it a bedtime routine for a clean room and a peaceful mind.
6. use the drawers of your nightstand
- Most nightstands come with a drawer, and if you don’t, you may have to do a bit of work. draws on your nightstand are a great way to feng shui on your nightstands.
- These drawers can come in handy when you have clutter on your nightstand.
- Keep everything on the nightstand inside the nightstand. This way, you won’t have to go through a hectic routine of keeping everything tidy and cleaning the nightstand every day.
- and everything will still be close and accessible without hindering the flow of positive energy in your room.
7. light candles
- Keeping candles on your nightstand and lighting them every night before bed is another way to bring positive energy into your bedroom.
- candles are a sign of serenity and peace. keeping candles on the nightstand is clutter-free, and some candles are also designed to look decorative.
- also, lighting candles at night is a way to create a calm environment and maintain balance in the room. feng shui fire element
- Also, scented candles are a great way to make your room smell nice and attract positive chi through the smell of candles.
- you can use natural fragrances such as lavender scented candles-as it has healing properties and promotes calmness in the mind.
- the bedside table should be shorter than the length of the mattress; It shouldn’t be the height of your head because then the corners are exposed, which draws negative chi into the room.
8. what to keep on the nightstand?
However, cleaning up clutter doesn’t mean you have to keep your nightstand completely bare. instead, keep items on the nightstand that can help improve your feng shui and attract positive energy to you. for example:
- you can add a potted plant. Plants are not only healthy, they bring nature into your room and attract positive chi while you sleep. plus, green plants also balance feng shui wood and earth elements.
- Similarly, you can also have flowering plants that are fragrant and colorful so that they can attract the energy of love. technically, you should keep a vase full of flowers away from the bed; however, adding a single flower to the potted plant can be helpful. Flowers, especially in pink and purple colors like the orchid, are great for attracting romantic energy and fostering love.
- Lastly, you can also add crystals to the bedside table . Crystals play an important role in feng shui, and keeping the right crystals in your room close to you while you sleep can go a long way in attracting the right energy. you can keep the rose quartz crystal, which is well known for promoting love and positive vibes, perfect for your nightstand and your bedroom.
Feng shui nightstand rules are important for everyone to follow.
If you want your bedroom to be filled with positive energy and ensure you get a restful night’s sleep, be very careful about the nightstand you’re buying for your room and how you’re decorating it.
always remember to neglect your nightstand: it is an important piece of furniture when it comes to feng shui.
so, make sure you buy the right nightstand with rounded corners and keep it clean and tidy every night!