According to Chinese astrology, 2022 will be the year of the water tiger, a creature that embodies ambition, competitive spirit, impulsiveness and communication. so step into a positive year by putting some feng shui decorating tips into practice.
In a nutshell, feng shui is an ancient Chinese art based on the use of energetic forces to create harmony in the environments we inhabit.
Reading: Feng shui new year 2022
At the core of feng shui is chi, which is the life force that resides within every entity. chi is formed by combining two opposite but complementary forces called yin and yang, where yin is the feminine energy and yang is the masculine.
You can bring in positive chi by making simple changes to your environment and balancing the five feng shui elements: wood, fire, earth, metal, and water.
Each element represents certain positive traits. wood is a symbol of creativity and growth; fire is an emblem of leadership and daring; earth represents strength and stability; metal signifies focus and order; water embodies emotion and inspiration.
feng shui home decor tips for the year of the water tiger
Eliminating bad fortune
See also: 15 Feng Shui Laughing Buddha Placements
Now that you’ve decided to add more positivity to your home, it’s important to avoid things that could bring you bad luck.
If you want to restrict bad fortune or remove it, it’s important to stay away from any kind of mess. scan every corner of your home and clear the spaces. get rid of dead plants and damaged items.
dusty windows are a big no. clean the windows and allow sunlight and positive energy to flow into your home. anything that hinders movement in your home should be placed differently.
Water leaks, from faucets or roofs, are considered unfortunate. exposed nails in walls, sloped walls, and exposed ceiling joists are also considered unlucky.
Avoid placing the stove or bed directly under a window. If your front and back doors line up, there’s a stairway right in front of your entryway, or your door is located after a long hallway, consider making some changes to the interior of your home.
Usher in good fortune
Of course, some aspects of your home cannot be changed. what is the solution then you can always make some additions to your home that will help bring good luck. here are some tips you can follow.
- incorporate bright colors and objects, especially mirrors, crystals and lights. You can also use shades that symbolize the five feng shui elements: earth tones, white, blue, and red.
- Make your home a sensory haven by including the pleasant sounds generated by chimes and chimes.
- include some living organisms such as plants, fish, and other pets. by adding plants, you will also include the element of wood in your decor, which symbolizes creativity and growth
- adorn your home with beautiful statues, sculptures, paintings, rugs and flags. choose a pleasant fragrance for your space too.
- if you have a large space in your home, you can use it by installing a small water fountain. this will add the water element to your home, which denotes excitement and inspiration.
- make sure your electrical devices and appliances are working perfectly.
Pay special attention to these areas
According to feng shui home decorating principles, the front entrance of a home is one of the most crucial areas. This area should not only be free from restrictions and dirt, but it should also exude positive energy.
Anything that blocks the view of the house when entering should be removed, as it obstructs the flow of chi. For example, if a desk or sofa blocks your view, consider moving it to another location. if the object is immovable, try to reduce its impact with the help of hanging fabrics and plants.
Images of bodies of water in the home can be a way to honor the element of water, which is an important aspect in the year of the water tiger 2022.
hero and featured images: spacejoy/@spacejoy/unsplash