The idea of feng shui is that we can build and arrange an environment to achieve the perfect balance between ourselves and the world around us. it is a delicate practice that can be interpreted in many ways. You may know that you can feng shui in your bedroom, office, store, but there are also ways to feng shui in your front yard to enhance the space. If you’re struggling to achieve that perfect exterior design, consider these feng shui-inspired options for stunning curb appeal.
use natural elements
feng shui is mainly based on satisfying these five elements: water, earth, fire, wood and metal, as affirmed by the fir tree. By using one or more of these elements in your front yard, you can enhance curb appeal and the amount of energy flowing through the space. Some ways to incorporate these five elements include:
Reading: Feng shui front yard ideas
- small ponds
- rockery walls
- wooden fences
- plants and flowers
- metal art
Choose your colors wisely
A great aspect of feng shui is color. color can create different feelings and emotions in people, so it is important to choose shades that are welcoming and warm. both natural and man-made aspects need to be considered when choosing a color scheme. This means that it is important to match the colors of his home, front door and porch with his flowers and plants. if you live near other houses, it is also important to harmonize your colors with those of your neighbors. If your house stands out due to bright or ugly colors, it will significantly diminish the curb appeal.
sfgate says: “painting the gate a red color is generally considered auspicious; however, the optimal color for a front door depends on whether the door faces north, south, east, or west.”
focus on the front door
The front door is the only thing that separates your living space from the rest of the world. feng shui emphasizes the need to always bring good energy. You should never block the front door with bulky potted plants and other accessories. any front doors that look old should be replaced or refinished to a clean, smooth surface. Also, replace any rusted or damaged hardware for a fresh new look.
It is common in feng shui to take the direction of the sun into account when planting around your home. When adding plants to your front garden, it is suggested that you follow some of the common feng shui rules:
- Place any water feature in the north, east, or southeast corners of your garden.
- plant trees on the east side of your house.
- Large trees should never be in the front yard. Trees are believed to attract positive energy and leave your home devoid of it, as Bellacor claims.
- the southwest direction is to do with the land, so stones and other natural features will work well in the southwest corner.
Chimes are dimes
The gentle sound of bells rippling in the breeze is all you need to feel at peace. Bells are a big part of relaxation and happiness, and can be a great addition to your front porch. passers-by will appreciate the gentle sounds and send good energy into your home.
Add some curvature
It is believed that energy flows better on undulating surfaces than on flat surfaces. the inclusion of smooth curves instead of straight lines is a common practice in feng shui. there are some great ways to turn your flat front yard into something special:
- make sure the road to your house is curved and never straight. this will help decrease the sense of urgency to enter the house and create a more relaxed feeling in the entrance of your house.
- create wavy garden beds instead of square ones. you can use stone walls that curve around the garden bed to add a bit more texture.
- add a fun little bridge over your garden for a creative twist. You can find many mini garden bridges online that will fit perfectly into your feng shui design.
achieving a feng shui front yard is the best way to improve curb appeal. you should consider feng shui not only for the good of your fellow man, but also for your own. Coming home to a feng shui front yard is the perfect way to end the day. it will always bring positive energy to you and your home and make you feel at peace with the natural world.
- 25 stellar stair ideas to refresh the look of your home
- how to propagate lucky bamboo in 5 easy steps so you don’t have to buy it
- how maximizing closet space: our top 9 tips and tricks
- this simple change will make your bathroom feel ultra luxurious
- what are kaleidoscope roses and can you grow them in your garden?