Currently, couples have to navigate these waters on their own to find their luckiest day to get married. Let us show you how you can determine the most auspicious wedding dates for 2022.
how to choose lucky wedding days
Many times wedding dates are chosen for practical reasons such as weather, location, budget and availability. however, cultures around the world, from Chinese to Jewish to Hindu to Japanese, rely on age-old traditions to choose auspicious wedding dates.
Reading: Feng shui dates for wedding 2021
For many years in Chinese culture, Chinese fortune tellers consulted the Tung Shen to help choose these lucky days to marry and determine if one couple was the perfect match for the other. the tung shing is an astrological calendar that predicts signs of adversity or fortune at specific times of the year.
Using the tung shing and the couple’s dates of birth, they can determine which dates are auspicious and which ones to avoid. In these modern times, couples can either download the free tung shing app on their phone or purchase its latest version.
in japan, the koyomi astrological calendar was consulted in ancient times to determine the lucky dates for marriage. Although many modern couples have abandoned the tradition, there are still several people who consult the koyomi to decide on such important dates. The most popular seasons for a wedding are spring and fall, and couples prefer national holidays or a Sunday as their wedding day.
couples search for the tomobiki and taian dates to get married, and these are easy to calculate. sensho, it is also a lucky day but only until noon. senbu has a lucky afternoon, and butsemetsu, which is the day buddha died, is the most unlucky day and shakko has auspicious hours only between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. m. and 1 p.m. m. These are all dates that couples should keep in mind when making their decision.
It can be a bit difficult to find lucky wedding dates in Jewish culture, however, spring and summer are favorites for weddings. Weddings cannot take place on Shabbat, which is a day of rest that runs from Friday night to Saturday night. however, simple occasions before sunset on Friday are permitted.
See also: Vastu Vs Feng Shui: What are the difference? – HomeLane Blog
Tuesday, which is believed to bless marriage with prosperity and happiness, is a good day to get married, as is Sunday. the months of December and February are also auspicious, as well as getting married under the crescent moon, which is available in the first fifteen days of each month. The four days following Yom Kippur are also auspicious days. weddings are restricted during major Jewish holidays or shortly before; they are also prohibited during fasts and in the three weeks before tisha beav.
Hindu parents have been known to take couples to jyotish astrologers who use the Hindu astrological calendar, panchangam, to determine the best days for a wedding. periods to avoid include chaturmas, the holy months of the rainy season, and yoga nidra festivals.
best dates with numerology
another system to find lucky wedding dates is with numerology. this system uses a couple’s dates of birth to determine when they should marry.
how this method works
Finding the best wedding dates using numerology can be interesting and fun. An ancient system rooted in the philosophical and scientific roots of European and Asian cultures, this method can predict calamity or goodwill on specific dates.
how to calculate your lucky date
The numerology system organizes people into groups using their dates of birth. your life path is created by adding the numbers of your date of birth. it is essential to convert each set of numbers to a single digit before adding another number. below is the formula and an example.
life path formula = birth month number (1-12) + birth date number (1-31) + birth year
Example: If Beth’s date of birth is October 16, 1990, her life path is 9, as follows: 10 (October) = 1 + 0 = 1 16 = 1 + 6 = 7 1990 = 1 + 9 + 9 + 0 = 19. 19 = 1 + 9 = 10 10 = 1 + 0 = 1 1 + 7 + 1 = 9
result: 9 the same calculation will be performed to determine your partner’s life path number, after which your marriage number will be calculated. 9 + 7 = 16 1 + 6 = 7 your marriage number is 7.
See also: The Symbolism Of Chinese Fans In Feng Shui | FengShuied
Armed with these three numbers, your life path numbers and your marriage number, a quick internet search should be able to help you determine what your lucky wedding dates might be and even the luckiest month to get married.
lucky wedding days in 2022
There are many reasons why couples choose multiple dates for their wedding. In contribution to these reasons, we have made a list of the lucky dates for 2022, which could be useful for any number of couples.
- January 2022 fun dates: Saturday January 1 (1/1/22); Sunday, January 2 (2/1/22); Saturday, January 22 (01/22/22) lucky dates: Friday, January 7; Tuesday January 11; Wednesday, Saturday 23 full moon: Monday, January 17
- February 2022 fun dates: Wednesday, February 2 (2/2/22) ; Tuesday, February 22 (2/22/22) lucky dates: Friday, February 4; Saturday February 5th Full Moon: Wednesday February 16th
- March 2022 fun date: Thursday March 3rd (3/3/22); Tuesday, March 22 (03/22/22) lucky dates: Monday, March 14; Sunday March 20 full moon: Friday March 18
- April 2022 fun date: Monday April 4 (4/4/22); Friday, April 22 (4/22/22) lucky dates: Monday, April 11; Wednesday April 20th full moon: Wednesday April 27th
- May 2022 fun date: Thursday May 5th (5/5/22) lucky dates: Tuesday, May 3; Friday May 6; Monday, May 23 full moon: Thursday, May 26
- June 2022 fun date: Monday, June 6 (6/6/ 22) lucky dates: Wednesday, June 8; Friday June 17th full moon: Tuesday June 14th (this will be a supermoon)
- July 2022 fun date: Thursday July 7th ( 7/7/22); Friday, July 22 (7/22/22) lucky dates: Friday, July 8; Monday July 11; Thursday July 21 full moon: Wednesday July 13 (this will be a supermoon)
- August 2022 fun date: Monday August 8 ( 8 /8/22) lucky dates: Friday, August 5; Sunday August 7; Friday August 19th full moon: Friday August 12th
- September 2022 fun date: Friday September 9th (9/9/22) lucky dates: Thursday, September 1; Thursday September 8; Sunday September 25 full moon: Saturday September 10
- October 2022 fun dates: Monday October 10 (10/10/22) and Saturday , October 22 (10/22/22) lucky dates: Friday, October 7; Saturday October 8; Tuesday, October 18 Full Moon: Sunday, October 9
- November 2022 Fun Dates: Tuesday, November 22 (11/22/22) lucky dates: Friday, November 25; Friday, November 11 Full Moon: Tuesday, November 8
- December 2022 Fun Dates: Friday, December 2 (12/02/22); Monday, December 12, 2022 (12/12/22) and Thursday, December 22, 2022 (12/22/22) lucky dates: Sunday, December 4 full moon: Thursday, December 8
unlucky dates to avoid
There are some general rules that apply to almost everyone for dates to avoid an event. here are a few for you to consider.
It could be the birthday of close friends or family, celebrations already scheduled, or big sporting events in town. You don’t want your wedding day to coincide with any other event that could significantly impact attendance, so here are a few to keep in mind.
time off for vacation
Major holidays are usually a no-no for such occasions as providers would be up to their necks in work and may charge you more for their services. on the other hand, most of your friends and family would be available, so it’s definitely worth thinking about.
Friday the 13th
Superstitiously known as an unlucky date, Friday the 13th is another day to consider when setting wedding dates. so, it will be good to note that August 13 will fall on a Friday.
ides of march
A common saying is “beware the Ides of March”, and this is an unlucky date. After Julius Caesar’s assassination on March 15, the middle of March became a superstitious period of bad luck.
Whether you are superstitious or not, it never hurts to know what the lucky and unlucky wedding dates are to celebrate your event. We hope this has been helpful.
See also: Feng shui black obsidian wealth bracelet does it work