sharing is caring!
Have you had any difficulties at work? having trouble finding a job? Are you looking for a new job or for a promotion at work? Would you like to earn more money or attract new customers to your business? Are you struggling with your purpose in life? Time to look at the feng shui career area of your home!
Reading: Career area feng shui
In western feng shui, the career area is in the center front third of your home, when you are standing in the front door looking in. here is a picture of the feng shui bagua (the feng shui map of your home):
(for more information on how to use the feng shui bagua map, click here!)
The professional feng shui area of your home is responsible for:
- your business
- your career
- your life path
For many people, this means their job or their business.
but if you don’t have a job or business, or are retired, then these would be your philanthropic projects, your legacy, or just an overall purpose in life!
There is no right or wrong “answer” for what this is for you; if you can’t think of anything or if you’re struggling to figure out what you want to do for the first, second or third act of your life, then it’s time to work on this area!
when the running area is in equilibrium, you will find that:
- career growth happens quickly and easily
- new clients are attracted to your business
- promotions and recognition at work happen all the time
- career opportunities are never in short supply
- your life path feels fresh and flows from one opportunity to the next
Although the career area is related to money in your job or life path, it is often called the secondary wealth area because you are not 100% responsible for money.
money and wealth can come from all kinds of areas, not just your job!
but if you are looking for wealth or income from your job or life path, then this area is important there too.
(click here to read more about your feng shui wealth area to see how it relates to wealth and abundance outside of your work!)
When the professional area of your home is out of balance, you will find that:
- Your work feels stuck or constantly on hold
- You have problems with your boss or co-workers
- You are losing money or clients in your business
- your income from work is unstable or fluctuates constantly
- you are always looking for more clients in your business instead of clients looking for you
- promotions or new job are hard to get come on
- it’s been a long time since you got a raise at your job
- you’re out of a job or always looking for a new job that doesn’t seem to materialize or you’re absolutely right
- feel lost or as if you have no purpose in life
- decisions about your job are not made by you or on your terms, or the terms are always less than ideal
- you are competing for work instead of others competing to work with you
- the projects you are working on or involved with never seem n completing or constantly having problems
- constant boredom at work or in your business/life path
decorate the professional area of your home with:
- black or dark colors
- white/gray/blue as supporting colors
- water features, water features or images containing water (no crashing waves or big waterfalls unless you want an unsteady run)
- flowing/abstract shapes (symbolizing flowing water)
decorative items to avoid in the race area:
- earth colors (browns, beiges, light yellows)
- earth objects: a little earth is great for grounding, but in the cycle of the creative element, the earth and water = mud and they counteract each other )
- square objects
- landscape images
See also: 2015 Chinese Animal Predictions for the Monkey – Feng Shui Store
often, the career area is located at the entrance of your home. This means that your front door is extremely important to your career, new opportunities, and life path!
If this is your case, be sure to check out: How to feng shui your front door
feng shui cures for the professional area:
a small fountain or aquarium, with the water flowing into (towards) your house and not out (away from the house). the flowing water represents a flowing, bountiful race!
elements related to the career you have or the career you want. if you’re trying to attract a new career, this is a great area to keep a career vision board!
Place an upward-facing lamp or light in this area to illuminate your career! If you’re trying to bring forward momentum or new attention to your work, or attract a new work, turn the light on for a few hours a day for at least 8 days (or until you get the professional movement you’re trying to attract!)
If the career area is in your driveway, here are feng shui improvements to help your driveway attract money and wealth!
Keep in mind that the professional area of your home is not the only area of your life that affects your success on your life path. Your desk and office space (at home or at work) also directly correlate to your career.
click here to find out how to apply feng shui to your desk.
what should you do if the professional area of your home is missing?
some houses are oddly shaped and don’t easily fit the shape of the bagua, meaning areas of the house are missing or can’t be used in some way.
if that area is your professional area, don’t worry! This doesn’t mean you’re going to have a terrible career or a tough time at your life’s work.
When parts of the bagua seem to be missing, they really aren’t!
See also: Feng Shui Crystals – The Top 7 Crystal Stones for Your Home – Earth Inspired Gifts
Instead, the parts that seem to have disappeared move within the confines of your home.
the areas inside the house do “double duty” and you can apply the heals you would normally put on your career area inside the areas next to it; in this case, it would be knowledge/spirituality/self. the growing area, the health area, and the travel/helpful people area.
You can divide the existing areas into thirds and use those areas, or you can simply upgrade the walls that abut the area that seems to be missing.
what if the professional area of your home is someone’s bedroom or an area of your home that is not accessible for feng shui improvement?
What if the professional area of your home falls into someone’s bedroom and you can’t place feng shui cures or improvements there? Or what if you have a roommate or tenant or some other reason you can’t put a feng shui improvement in this area? just pretend the area is missing!
yes, the house as a whole counts for your life as a whole, but you can’t do feng shui for other people either.
Instead, respect that person’s boundaries and only do the areas of your home that they do control.
make sure the power is flowing well in the rest of the house and don’t worry about areas you can’t control.
You can also use the bagua map in each individual room of your house, so if the main running area of your home is inaccessible and you really want to boost your running, choose another room to place your feng shui cure!
another area that works well for this is the fame/reputation area of your home, your driveway, or your knowledge/self-cultivation/spirituality area.
or, as we discussed earlier, you can also apply feng shui to your desk and office. There is always a way to use feng shui to boost your intentions, no matter what kind of situation you live in!
Now that you know the professional feng shui area of your home, you can also refer to:
feng shui bagua series: feng shui journeys and helpful people area
See also: Top 21 Rules: Avoid Mirror Above Bed For Good Feng Shui Vibe
or maybe you also want to try:
- turn your feng shui wealth corner into a money magnet! (4 easy tips!)
- feng shui tips for working from home: 6 tips to increase productivity & joy!
- how to use feng shui to attract what you really want
- feng shui tips for career luck (6 areas of your home that attract money, success and luck to your race!)